Hello friends, today we will learn spoofing MAC Address on Android Mobile Phones. I will give you a brief description of a MAC address. A Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a 12-character unique identifier assigned to a specific piece of hardware, such as the network adapter, of your WiFi device. In simple words, a MAC address can be used to uniquely identify your Android phone on the Internet or the local network.
Spoofing MAC Address on Android Devices
Even though the MAC address is embedded on the hardware device during manufacture, it can still be spoofed to input a new one of your choice. Here is a detailed instruction on how to spoof MAC address on Android phone.
Before you spoof the MAC address, you need to record the original/current MAC address of your device, which can be done according to the instruction below:
- On the Home Screen of your phone, tap the Menu button and go to Settings.
- Tap About Device and go to Status
- Now scroll down to record the 12-digit code shown under WiFi MAC address. An address would read something like:
Prerequisites for Spoofing MAC Address on Android Smartphones :
- Rooted Android Smartphone here
- BusyBox app (You can download and install it from the Google Play store)
- Terminal app (Download and install it from the Google Play store)
Steps to Spoof MAC Address on Android Devices:
Step 1: Open the Terminal app and type the commands as listed below:
This step will show you the current MAC Address of your Android Smartphone.
Step 2: Now, let’s type the command below to replace the MAC Address with a new spoofed MAC address:
You will replace your original MAC address with new MAC address in Place of XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX.
Step 3: Now you have successfully spoofed your MAC address. Repeat step 1 to check your new MAC address.